Sunday, June 5, 2011

Spring magnetic message board and fabric flower magnets

A while back I found some tin decor at Hobby Lobby (one of my favorite stores in the whole world).  They were 12 by 12 and on sale for $2.99 and I envisioned wrapping them with fabric and making fabric memo boards.  I finally finished one of them using scrapbook paper and distressing the edges.  I added some images and decoupaged them on along with scrabble letters spelling "BLOOM".

Then I made some fabric/felt flowers and attached magnets on them.  I really like the variety.
For the center of this flower I braided three strips of fabric and rolled it into a floret.
I made a yo yo for the base and added buttons and a felt leaf.
I ended up using this one as the center of the ribbon hanger.

3 comments:

  1. This makes me want to redo mine... you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what did you use to distress the edges? i bought a sheet a lowe's and my husband can cut them as needed but the edges are super sharp :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephanie, my piece of tin was already smooth on the sides because it was a home decor item from hobby lobby. I distressed the edges of the paper with an ink pad. If you have sharp edges you could wrap it with fabric instead of paper or you may want your hubby to cut it to fit a frame and continue with the paper idea. I hope that helps. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...