Sunday, August 7, 2011

I'll Try Anything Once

Ok, maybe not anything, but I got your attention.  Eliza, my daughter who just turned three, likes to watch you tube videos of nursery songs and a princess cake tutorial caught her eye.  So we watched it a few hundred times, why do they never get sick of watching the same thing OVER and OVER. You can find it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwqaF8f3VW0
  
Anyway, I felt like I should give it a try for her party.  We just had a small party with friends from home because we were camping on her actual birthday.  So I gave the cake a try.  Now, I am not a baker and they start the tutorial with the cakes already made.  You need to make 3- 8 inch rounds and due to some issues getting them to come nicely out of the pans- I had to make 5.  Now at this point I was tempted to give up and head over to Walmart, but luckily my princess was taking a nap and I had some time.  You also need to bake a cake in a glass, oven safe bowl to get the shape for the top of the skirt.  So here are some pictures:

And the best part...the real PRINCESS was happy!!

6 comments:

  1. How cute! Thanks so much for sharing!


    I'd love to have you visit our first linky party this Thursday! It's a party specifically for kids and teenagers craft and other ideas, so your idea will be absolutely perfect! Hope you'll stop by!

    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!! you have SO much more patience than I ever would. It turned out great and Eliza loved it!
    xoxo
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fun it has been a while since I saw one of these with Princess turning 3 next month we may just try to make one of these for her

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That cake is impressive. I don't think I could have pulled that off! I am sure it was a huge hit with your princess. Love it.

    Thanks for stopping by Lemon Tree today! LOVE your idea of giant pixie sticks for pinwheel stems. Wish I had thought of that. : )

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing!! I'm so sad that I missed the night. She looked so adorable and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, the cake turned out really cute!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...