Thursday, December 8, 2011

Advent Calendar

I know it's been awhile.  I have been busy getting things together for a winter craft show that took place last weekend.  I hope to share some of the things I made in the next week.  For today, I am featuring an Advent calendar I made a couple of years ago that is still in excellent shape.  The background of the calendar is a table runner I picked up at Home Goods (loved the embroidered trees at the bottom).  Then I found the felt mittens and stocking ornaments at Big Lots.  I cut the top off the table runner and wrapped it around the dowel.  Then I glued the ribbon on and fed it through a metal ornament I found at Walmart.  The mittens and stockings are hot glued on and embellished with buttons and numbers.  It is difficult to find treasures to fit these little things but I sometimes just add a message or fun activity.  I have two kids so I have them take turns every other day.  
I love seeing all the variations of Advent Calendars.  I would love to see yours!!

5 comments:

  1. Love all your crafts Honey !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I love your ideas--very creative. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, what a beautiful Advent calendar. You did a lovely job. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea!! We just broke ours so it is time for a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leigh has passed along your blog to me. I love it....happy crafting :)


    My Little Blogspot (your newest follower)
    http://lnowak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...